Monday, February 18, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABIGAIL - SHE'S ONE!









Click to play Abigail's 1st Birthday

Abigail's birthday was yesterday and we can't believe that she's one. It is a little bittersweet because we would love to see her stay a little baby forever but we love to see all her different changes at each stage.
Anyways, the day started with church and Abigail was completely over tired so sitting through Sunday school and Relief Society was interesting because we really didn't sit. So the start of this day made me nervous for the rest of the day but after she got a nap and ate she was in tip top shape for her party. We thought a small party would suit us better than a big one but that doesn't mean I couldn't decorate like crazy. So that is just what I did, so we had pink everything! We had so much fun with John and Rachel and Abigail's Grandma Combs. We took way too many pictures, as usual, and ate homemade Thai Pizza and strawberry cupcakes. We even let Abigail dive in to her cupcakes. I never had so much fun watching her eat. She ate the whole cupcake and loved doing it. We really did have so much fun. She was a very lucky girl and received so many lovely presents. Thank you to everyone for the cards and gifts. I know she appreciated it very much. The other thing that made our day was we asked each grandparent to send us a letter to Abigail and talk about their feelings, whatever those might be and they were so beautiful. I had a hard time not crying but it was worth it. Thank you to all the grandparents for those thoughts.
Again it was a wonderful day and couldn't have been any better. We are absolutely in love with our little one and want her to know that we are grateful for our Heavenly Father for letting us have the opportunity to raise you. Happy 1st Birthday!

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox







4 comments:

Jamie said...

Abigail is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe she is one already. I love the pictures and the slideshow. What a fun way to share all of her precious pictures with everyone. Is that the quilt you made for her? It is beautiful!!!! When can I put in my order for one? Happy Birthday, Abigail!

Nature Nat said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I think first birthdays are so much fun. I am glad it was a fun day in spite of difficult Sunday activities.

Heather said...

WOW!! I didn't know that you had a blog!! I saw you on Jenny's blog and I had to come and look! It is so cute!! I love all the pictures of little Abigail. I can't believe that she is already one!! She is getting so big!! I also can't believe that Rachel is pregnant . . .with Twins!! WOW!! Tell her congrats for me!

Thanks for adding me in your link list!! I wish I had known that you knew about my blog while I had no idea about yours!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Abigail!! So cute!!