I am home and feeling well. I had surgery on both of my feet yesterday and things went really great. I had one neuroma on my right foot, which is mass that develops on the nerve. Then on my left foot I had a toe that was starting to curve because it was my middle toe and it was longer than my big toe. Weird I know. The surgery took about an hour but the surgeon was behind so I had to wait for another hour before I could go in. After surgery I didn't remember a thing but Justin filled me in on how it went. The doctor said that the Neuroma on my right foot was larger than the average ones he finds. They are normally the size of a pin needle and mine was the size of his pinky nail. I was actually glad to hear that because I was wondering if it was just in my mind head. I was so worried before the surgery if was doing the right thing or if I should just deal with the pain, but it looks like I did the right thing. The left toe is now the size it should be and things will get back to normal soon. Hopefully get to running again with no pain! Yippee!
I actually could walk yesterday but not without pain, but I still have to stay off my feet for a couple of days and only be on them to go to the bathroom. Thank goodness I have a great husband and a wonderful mom who came to take care of me and Abigail. It would have been really hard to do it by myself. There is quite a bit of pain and my feet look like huge melons but I will find a way to get through it. The worst is when I try to walk and I can feel the pin in my left foot that feels disgusting. I attached a video of me waking up from anaesthesia. Justin thought it would be funny to get it on film and I would have to agree with him because I look really out of it, there is even a line that I say that I couldn't make out until Justin told me what it was. It's even more hilarious to me because I don't remember talking to him at all. Anyways, take a look at the video you will laugh your butt off.
During - in the hospital
After - Surgery
Abigail has been so good with Grandma. She did cry when we both left for the hospital but after we were long gone my mom said she was great. She really knows Grandma and tries to say Grandma. She just started saying Dog and then barks. It is the darn cutest thing. Here are a couple of videos. One of her dancing and the other one of her saying the words and noises she likes.
7 comments:
Love the video of you coming out of surgery...I remember that feeling from when I had my appendix out a couple years ago. You just say the most random things...too funny!
Thank you for the laugh, that is such a weird feeling, its funny how much you don't remember, I am sorry you had to have surgery, but if it works, then it is worth it.
I'm sorry about your surgery, but I had to laugh so hard at your video! It wasn't that long ago that I was coming out of a surgery and saying the weirdest things! I could totally relate! If you need anything, give me a call!
So sorry about the surgery!! Glad to hear that you are up and about! Hope that your feet/toe get to feeling better soon!!
Haven't been to your blog lately. . .I love the new layout!! Good job!
Your video is too funny. I wish Justin would have filmed more. Oh, and honestly, who looks that cute after they just come out of surgery??? Your so darling. I hope your feet start feeling better soon. Let me know if you need anything.
That video of you coming out of surgery was so funny. I had to watch it a couple of times and I laughed my head off every time. I even showed it to Eric.
Cute videos of Abigail, too! She must get her dance moves from you. ;) And I can't believe how well she is talking.
So cute! Glad you share these moments! There the best! I should post that video of us jumping our trampoline in HS! Haha... good times!!!
Post a Comment