Monday, April 28, 2008

Okay, Let's get caught up!

Okay, it has been a crazy last week. I had good days and bad days or should I say that I had good hours and bad hours. I am not sure if it is because I am a mom now or I am getting more sensitive in my old age but I had a hard time with Jolyn passing away. Really I think it is hard for me to be joyful when I know others are hurting. Anyways, my friend, Jamie, made a video for my birthday and I thought i would share it with you all. Man I have been through a lot of hairstyles. Have a good laugh on me.



Last week Abigail and I went and met Justin for lunch one afternoon and that was wonderful. We need to do it much more often but he is a busy guy. Then I saw Amber and her son Ethan again for dinner, we went to the Thai Village. That place rocks. Last week we also went over to see Laina and her kids and while we were there Aubrey and her little one, Rianna, stopped by. It was a beautiful day so we played outside.

Then I went in to the Podiatrist to check on my foot and I found out that the pin in my left foot turned and that is why it was pinching. Here are a couple of pictures... BEWARE... it is pretty grouse. Reminder... I haven't been able to take off the bandages for almost two weeks and these pictures are so disgusting. I know you are all going to laugh because, yes, i do have hair on my toes, get over it already... Anyways, I was able to get the stitches out and my right foot is now free of all bandages, except when I go out, but I can wash that foot and it feels great. The pin comes out Thursday.. Again beware.





Justin worked on all the vehicles that he hasn't been able to get to in a while. We are selling our Tahoe and the truck hasn't worked for months. They all work now and he is glad to have those checked off the list. He did take Friday night to hang out with us and it was so wonderful to have him around for more then two hours. He is such a good husband.. I can't even tell you. Here's him with Abigail Vacuuming.










Abigail is teething this week and it has been really hard. It is the worst I have ever seen it. She can't sleep at all so then the next day she is sleep deprived and grumpy. Her nose is crazy runny so she gets mad every time i wipe it. That is a never ending cycle. Today was a hard day. She threw up this morning and cried for an hour straight. Finally after trying everything I gave a little Tylenol and let her cry herself to sleep. I am pretty lucky because this very rare. I feel bad for her but over all she is such a trooper.

Justin and I went on a drive Sunday because it was so nice outside but Abigail didn't do very well on it and cried till she feel asleep. Then went to John and Rachel's house for games and brownies. That was really fun. Although we tried to put Abigail down in the crib at their house so that we could stay longer she didn't sleep at all there. So we ended up leaving earlier than we wanted to so she could get her own bed. Kids before parents right.







This last Monday, I took Abigail over to Natalie's house while I went to Nature Sunshine to do a voice over for Synergy. It felt really nice that they asked to come in and do that. I saw a few people that I haven't seen since I quit there and we made plans to get together and do lunch. I have to admit I miss work because of all the terrific people that I worked with. I made life long friends there. (Jamie, Deb, Doug, Earnest, etc...) Here is my voice over if you want to listen to it.
I am still trying to download it. Coming soon...



Here is a fun thing that my friend Melinda invited me to do. I very rarely do these but I thought it would be fun.


8 Things...
8 things I’m passionate about
1) Being a mom
2) Being a wife
3) My beliefs
4) Photography
5) Being a good friend - this has taken me a while and it is still a work in progress.
6) My health
7) Learning
8) Family


8 Songs I can listen to over and over again and never get sick of (ps.. I am not a big music buff)
1) I am proud to be an American - (I cry every time - lame, I know)
2) Muppet babies theme song
3) The way you look tonight
4) Pooh corner
5) I am a child of God
6) Somewhere over the Rainbow
7) This is your song - Ewen Mcgreggor version
8) These little wonders

8 books I’ve read
1. Eclipse, New Moon, Twilight- Stephenie Meyer
2. Uglies, Pretties, Specials, and Talented
3. Tuesday's with Morrie
4. Secret Garden
5. All of the Harry Potter's
6.The Alchemist

8 Things I say often
1) My feet hurt
2) PS
3) Shut up - but not mean it is replace of whatever.
4) Abigail
5 You are the cutest thing ever..
6) I love you
7) Justy
8) Get me a book Abigail

8 Things that attract me to a friend
1) A person who is relaxed and easy going
2) genuine
3) nice
4) Intelligent
5) Honest
6) Spiritual
7) Funny
8) I can be myself around them.

8 Random things about me
1) I love the show "The Office", maybe too much
2) Justin and I have been working on a house for 5 years.. oh wait you probably already know that.
3) I dance after a good movie. Not just for a minute, it could go for hours.
4) I paid some of my college tuition competing in beauty pageants. (Scholarship pageants :) )
5) I started to learn the piano before Abigail was born. I haven't finished because the piano is in storage. But now I can really read music. I can't wait to finish.
6) I love to re-watch my favorite movies.
7) I love being on time.. or I could say I hate being late, but I like to look at the positive.
8) I like trying new things. In my adult like I have taken tap classes, piano classes, ballet classes, started running, started water coloring, have learned a lot about building a house, tried and failed selling water fountains and so on...

8 Things I want to do before I die

1) Master the piano or just be able to pick up the hymnal and play any song.
2) Live in our house.
3) Go to Europe
4) Watch my children be successful in life.
5) Go on a mission with Justin... For sure....
6) Go sky diving
7) Run a marathon
8) Just be able to live happy with my wonderful husband and family.

8 Things I’ve learned this past year
1) To be patient. This is a lesson Heavenly Father really wants me to learn.
2) Everyone can re-invent themselves
3) You need to be able to go through hard times so that the good times are that much better.
4) You can't make everyone happy.
5) I learned that I have a very terrific husband and he is always willing to listen to me when I need to talk. Life is that much easier when you have someone to talk to.
6) I LOVE being a mom.
7) Family is your back bone.
8) I can't give up Diet Coke completely. I did it for 4 weeks and that was hard. Worth it but hard.

The 8 People I want to do the 8’s
1. Rachel
2. Karista
3. Kellie S.
4. Jenny
5. Jessica
6. Meghan
7. Natalie J.
8. Elizabeth

5 comments:

Jamie said...

It looks like Abigail has to assist in the vacuuming now...sorry! I hope Justin wasn't cursing my name the whole time!! ;)

Kerrilyn said...

OUCH!!!!! Your feet pictures make mine hurt. That pin is SCARY!!!! You poor thing!!! Good luck getting it out.
Your birthday slide was awesome!!! Happy Birthday.

Jenny Garlock said...

Nice update! Your video is great! Your friend is awesome for doing that for you.

Kim P said...

Shanna, I found your blog!!! How are you? Your little girl is so cute! Sorry about your foot! That looks painful.

I heard about Jolyn a couple of days ago. We will be going to the viewing tonight and hope to see you and all of our 3rd Ward friends too.

Take care! Lots of love,
Kim Peterson
(jkpetersonpeople.blogspot.com)

howeshomepage said...

Hey! I finally started my blog. I started with the list. my page is http://saraandaaron.blogspot.com/

Anyway way tell me what you think!