Wednesday, December 17, 2008

We are MOVING!

I just thought I would write and let everyone know that I won't be back on blogger for a week or so because we are moving.

New house - Well Sorta
HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad and little nervous. This has been in the works for a while but I didn't want to tell anyone for sure until we closed. You probably think we are crazy because we are already working on one house but we honestly needed something a little bit bigger for a while until it is finished. We were very lucky to have found this house for such a good deal and it is ready right now to move in. Just some cleaning. It is an older home and the last couple that lived in it was an elderly couple that lived there since 1980 and they took really great care of it. So although it is really outdated wall and decor wise it is still a really great home and clean. We are having a cleaning company come in as well as carpet cleaners so I don't need to stress about that.

We have lived in this apartment for 7 years and I think we have outgrown it and I am ready to be out of an apartment situation. I am little nervous because I am only 3 weeks away from giving birth and getting settled is very important but I can't move things around myself so I am dependent on my hubby for all of that. Also, I have been VERY sick this week. Whatever Abigail had I now have but to the 10th degree. I went to my doctor yesterday for my 36 week check up and she prescribed some medicine that was supposed to help with coughing and help me sleep but for me it did the opposite. I didn't sleep at all until 6am this morning but Abigail was up at 8:30am so the sleep didn't last long. I am very, VERY sick of being sick. I think I have had my share and I should be done with it all now. Also, really bad timing. I want to get so much done but am very limited with my pregnancy and sickness. Luckily, I have great friends who have already offered to pitch in and I am very thankful. Also, Christmas is just days aways and I would like to have things put up and make it a great Christmas for Abigail. So time is running out. Craziness!!!! But so goes my life. Ha.
Lastly, we will miss our ward terribly. I have made great friends and love all of the youth. They better stay in contact because I know I will. Also, a plea to all my friends, please don't forget about me when it comes to girls night and book club.
PREGNANCY UPDATE:
We went in last night and she is doing GREAT! She weighs over 6lbs now and the doctor said she has a big head, long legs and slender tummy. So she is already taking after her sister. That is exactly what they said about Abigail and they were right. I am getting soooooo excited to see her.
EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT:
This morning I received an early Christmas present and I think it is going to be my favorite. No offense to all the other Christmas presents.
This morning I was feeding Abigail breakfast when I had quite the coughing attack. She looked over to me tilted her head to the side, stretched out her arms and said in such a sweet beautiful voice, "mama need hug". She wouldn't give in until she gave me a hug. It made my day after such a horrible night. God gave her to me for a reason, she brings light and joy into my life everyday. I can't tell you how sweet that was and how happy that made me.



Anyways, I will try to have more updates as soon as possible but not promising anything until the week after Christmas. I know you won't be too sad because I know that you will be just as busy with the holiday.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE COMBS

5 comments:

J said...

How exciting! New baby, new house, new ward, all around the New Year! I'm sure you will find new friends in the new ward, it's always sad to leave one behind though.

Christy said...

Shanna I'm so sorry you are so sick! I know that cannot make moving very fun! I wish I was up there to help you somehow!! I'm hoping all goes well with the move and you can have a very wonderful Christmas! Kids are such peaces from Heaven! You have such a cute daughter!

Shane & Laina said...

Way cute pictures...hope you're feeling settled by now.

Melinda said...

I'm so sad you're moving, but I'm so happy for you to be in your own house! Definitely we'll keep in touch! Love the pictures by the way! :)

Jamie said...

You look so great...not fair considering you are weeks away from delivering. My face & body always got so swollen & puffy when I was pregnant & you look so cute with just a round belly as the only indicator that you're pregnant!