We had a busy and fun weekend with Justin. I say that because it is not very often we get to hang with pop. He is a very busy guy and is usually working on our house.
Anyways, Friday night was the annual Ward Christmas party and it was really fun to see everyone and they had a great little Christmas program to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas, The birth of Christ. It was really beautiful. We sang Silent Night afterwards and I could barely keep the tears in. I am such a cry baby. Here are few pictures of the program. They worked really hard on it and I applaud them.
Dad trying to calm Abigail after seeing Santa.
Abigail and her friends. (Rianna, Abigail, Alee and Morgan)
Dad trying to keep Abigail from running circles around the church. He looks amused.
She is sooooo excited. Look at that face.
His face. I just love it and I had to post it.
On a side note, after the party we went to take Abigail to a house that lights up to music on the radio. We thought that she would love it because Christmas lights get her SO excited, but we got totally bummed out because when we got there the house wasn't lit up and there was only a huge Grinch in the front yard. SO SAD!!! Either he didn't want to do it anymore or the neighbors didn't like it. Either way it sucked so if anyone knows of another house that does this please let us know. We would love to take Abigail.
Saturday Justin cleaned up the yard and cleaned out the basement. He is so amazing, he can do things so fast. He also hung out with Abigail outside and she had a blast. Later that night he worked on things at his office so Abigail and I had a night to hang out. We had fun just being mom and daughter, however, when it was time to go to bed she was mad that her pop wasn't home and she didn't fall asleep until 10pm. She is so silly but not stupid and knows that pop and I always put her to bed together.
Sunday we went to church and then spent the day as a family. We did go to tithing settlement and Abigail gave her first tithe. We tried to explain what she was doing with her money but all she wanted to do with it was put it in her piggy bank. I thought it was cute. Someday she will understand. Here are some cute pictures of Abigail getting tired and snuggling with her papa.
One more cute story. I was talking with some people at church and they helped out in the nursery last week. They said that Abigail is going to be a cheerleader someday because every time they announced they were going to do something Abigail would stand up and scream "Yeah" and get so excited jumping up and down. She does this with us and I just assumed it was a normal kid thing. But they just loved it and couldn't stop saying how cute it was. It was nice to hear fun stories like that from other people. Oh yeah, they also said she was smart enough to find the treats that the teacher was hiding and ate them all. I felt bad about that.
5 comments:
Love that video! hehe Thats so sad! I don't get it either, I mean if you think about it, to a little kid Santa would look pretty freaky! haha They did a good job on the program, very sweet, if I wasn't sitting by a bunch of naughty little kids (mine included), I probably would have been a little more touched...haha
Your daughter is too precious. Seriously, we spend all year telling our kids not to talk to strangers and then, miraculously around Christmas they are not only allowed to talk to a stranger, but sit on his lap and take candy from him. Weird if you ask me.
I love the new post! Such cute pictures..and I love Abi's Christmas dress...so cute!
What a cute family! Abi is a doll and congrats on #2! How fun!
I am impressed with the backdrop for the Nativity play. I don't think I've ever seen something that elaborate just for a ward Christmas party. That's awesome.
My kids don't really like sitting on Santa's lap until they're older either. Even now that Evan is seven he still gets nervous to sit on Santa's lap. I agree with you that they shouldn't have to sit on his lap until they want to.
Post a Comment