Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pooh came back and I am not talking about the cute bear in the red sweater.

Okay where to begin. First, I guess I will start off by explaining the title, it was really put there for all of you dying for me to put the word pooh back in the title and trust me when I say that pooh really did come back. Read on.
We had quite the last week. The day after Thanksgiving our TV finally gave out. So it was really a black Friday for us. Ha ha!! I guess it was about time. We got it from Justin's parents five or six years ago and they bought it back in 1992. I sure hope our new TV lasts that long and then it makes the money we spent on it seem worth it. So as you figured out we got a new TV and we also had to buy a new dvd player because while Justin was trying to figure out the old TV Abigail jammed some cables into the dvd player and broke off the prongs into it. Oh man, Justin wasn't too happy but I reminded him that she's not even two and had no idea what she just did. He did well after that. Here is a video of Abigail wondering where the TV went. It was a mammoth of a thing and you couldn't miss it being gone.
So that wasn't the worst thing by far that could happen to me but you just wait it gets better.
Justin left of Saturday for San Diego so Abigail and I were on our own for a couple of days. I hate when he leaves because life isn't the same. We look forward to him coming home everyday and he just brings a level of comfort and joy in our home when he is here. Abigail really missed him and would look for every morning. It was really sad. But we kept our mind off it by going shopping and we stopped over at John and Rachel's house on Saturday. It was really fun.

Sunday we went to Church but we were late because I didn't get to sleep until 5am. I was terribly ill. I just felt sick all night. The rest of the day I seemed to be okay but then Monday morning around 3am I barely made it to the restroom. That is right the poo strikes back and so did the vomit. I didn't know a human body could hold that much mass. It was so disgusting! I won't go on with the details.

I called my mom when it was a decent hour and balled my eyes out. If you can't cry to your mom who can you cry to? I knew she couldn't do anything for me, being that she lives in Wyoming, but it felt better to get it all out emotionally. I just haven't been that sick in so long. I mean the stomach flu, i don't even remember the last time I had that. I just didn't know what I was going to do throughout the day with Abigail. Luckily I have the most understanding and sweet child in the world. She just sat with me and didn't complain. We watched Elmo's Christmas countdown like a million times but I could have cared less because I was in the bathroom for most of the day. Ouch.... A huge thanks to Laina who ran out got me 7up and Gatorade and dropped it off on my porch. Good, scratch that, great friend. i don't know what I would do without great friends when I live so far away from my family. Thank you to all of you.

When I called my doctor they said it should only last for about 24 hours and told me not to eat anything for those 24 hours. However, it didn't last 24 hours it lasted for 48!!!!!! By this morning I was starving!!!!! But today I feel like a new woman and almost 5lbs lighter, which is not a good thing when you are pregnant. Thank goodness I have my appointment today so I will make sure my little baby is okay. Another thank goodness is that Justin came home last night and treated me well. He ran out and got me some more crackers and 7up and just snuggled with me. I am sooo happy to be married to him. I told him he is not allowed to leave again until this next baby comes.



Abigail was very excited he came home too she just couldn't stop smiling. She even woke up early this morning to snuggle in our bed and I think it was because she didn't want to miss him before going to work. She just fell back to sleep right in his arms. Ahhh daddy's girl. Love it.

Abigail waiting for her pop to come home.

Abigail this morning in her pop's spot.



Note: I need to do laundry but I believe the washing machine we share with other renters (yuck) is broken. I can't wait to get out of here. I have been pretty patient but it is running thin and now I guess I will be going to the laundry mat. Suck-o-la. A break from reality would be nice about now.

Another note: I hate leaving things negative, so here are pictures of my sweet child. I love looking at her sweet face everyday. She is truly a gift from God and when you have someone like that in your life you shouldn't really complain about anything.





Okay now I am ready to make faces. Here are a few.


5 comments:

Rachel and John said...

Love the new post...that video is great! The pictures are so cute...and halirious...Abi is so adorable...I just want to squeeze her!
PS: I can totally see The Office playing in the background on the TV in one of the pictures! Love it!

MakingChanges said...

I am so glad that you are finally feeling better. I had the stomach flu when I was pregnant with Malia. Only 24 hours thankfully, but it was awful. Your stomach already is tight, hurts, and your uncomfortable. We've got to get together for our Mamma Mia night SOON!

Melinda said...

OH MAN! I'm so sorry! Thats horrible, I had the stomach flu when I was pregnant with Maddie, it was the sickest I've EVER been, I was getting pretty freaked out, and get this, we were on vacation and FLYING HOME that day! I couldn't even walk, they had to wheel me in a wheelchair! I wish you would've called, I could've taken Abigail or something! Sorry! :(

Heidi said...

A) your baby is adorable! Wow! B) LOVE the pink and green Christmas treatment--totally right down my ally C) on the video you (I assume it was you) sound exactly like one of my sisters (or, I suppose, me--and I mean exactly) D) I's so sorry you had it coming out both ends. Not fun!

Jamie said...

Oh man, you have really had a hard time with bodily functions lately. We had the stomach flu at our house & Eric and I got it within hours of each other. I had Evan stay home from school so he could watch Tyler for me. He is so awesome! I'm glad you're feeling better.