Friday, November 14, 2008

Pie making+Contractions+Leg Cramps+Diarrhea = Life at the Combs household

My Two loves to date. I have one more in my belly. November has been a month full of surprises and I guess all I can say is that I literally never know what's going to happen from hour to hour.


Wednesday, was a great day. I was feeling really good so we went to Humanitarian for 3 hours. Abigail loves to go play and I love to help out while talking to good friends. I came home put Abigail down for a nap while I cleaned and scrubbed. I have been putting off cleaning my bathroom because bending is been really hard but I challenged myself and I did it. I felt so much better. Then finished cleaning the rest of the house and organized the rest of the our baby clothes. You wouldn't think that was much but it was for me. Trying to figure out where I stashed everything. Anyways, later that night Justin took Abigail out for daddy daughter time and I got to go to a pie making class for Relief Society. It was so much fun, there were over 25 people there and it was quite the adventure with that many people in one persons kitchen. Luckily she has a good size kitchen. We all had such a good time learning and baking and the most important is that I am not afraid to bake a pie from scratch. Most people already know how to do this but i just never found an interest until now. The only thing bad about the class was being on my feet for over two hours sets my body off and I started have one contraction after another. I thought I was being a good sport but by the end of the night my body was shot. I got Justin to come help me bring everything in but not before I dropped my cell phone in the mud and about fell at the same time. My phone still works, can you believe that?



(Nat - here is proof that you were making a pie) :)

Okay, i haven't posted a picture of me and my belly in a while. This is the night of the pie making. I am 31 Weeks.
This next picture I am actually asking Justin if I look pregnant. He just laughed like he just heard the stupidest question ever. In my defence I was wearing a baggy shirt and I just wanted to make sure you could see my tummy.

Here is Abigail getting ready to go out with her papa.
So my body must have been in overdrive that day because I got so much done but that doesn't mean in was in shutdown mode later that night or early the next morning. I woke up with the most incredible pain from leg cramps in both of my legs at the same time. The hardest part about it was that they were on the outside of my legs where it's almost impossible to stretch. Poor Justin spent time rubbing the cramps out but not before he saw his wife have a meltdown and vomit. (I think I might have sworn too. I can't really remember) Oh I must have been so attractive. I am sure he was thinking I have such a beautiful and fun wife. NOT. The joys of reality. So this was about 4:30am on Thursday so I tried to go back to sleep but it took a couple of hours. So i didn't end up hearing Abigail until 10am. She must have just hung out in her crib to give me a break or I was really out of it and I didn't hear her. I felt so bad because when I went to get her she kept saying "ouch, ouch" and holding on to her diaper. So I immediately changed it and yep it was diarrhea and a lot of it. This started off a round of diaper changing that didn't stop until 2pm. Poor thing. She had 8 diarrhea diapers in less than an hour. I felt so bad for her. Justin almost had to go home because I had to take a friend to the airport and pick up her girls after school. Luckily she had nothing more to poop and she slept in the car. Then she was in a good mood for the rest of the day. I am hoping that was the end of that. We will see.

These stories just make me laugh because they are just another day in life of a mom. Okay most days aren't like this but when they are you can't do anything but smile and move on.

HOUSE UPDATE:
Siding is actually going up. Unfortunately it has been rainy so they haven't been able to move as fast as we like but it is going up. They finished even more yesterday, so I will take pictures today and post them.


Sweet times with the one you love!



3 comments:

Melinda said...

You're such a sweet mom Shanna! I'm sorry its been rough, pregnancy is just like that--darn! :) If there's anything I can do, let me know! I wish I'd gone to the pie making class just to hang out! haha

Anonymous said...

Wow, life never seems to slow down for you. Pregnancy is hard when you have a toddler running around. You are doing awesome!!

MakingChanges said...

Yeah for siding, pie making and your cute little belly! You are holding up really well with all that you are going through right now.