Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Monday so good to me... NOT - Luckily Tuesday's are better

So I thought I would title this entry with the song Monday because it was so fitting. Okay not the first couple lines but the rest of the song.
So today started off fine. I started to organize old baby clothes to see what we have and what we need and where everything is going to go but then I wondered outside to head over to Laina's for a break from my day when the moment I closed my door I realized I didn't have my keys. That is right I locked myself outside my house. The pregnancy brain is finally getting to me. I was at her house from 2pm until 7pm because that is when Justin came home to let us in. Luckily Laina was home and was willing to entertain us. She was even nice enough to feed us. She rocks. While we were there Abigail had a poopy diaper I didn't have any wipes and then she took someones water bottle and the lid wasn't on and she soaked her self. Laina had it covered, she got me wipes and some new pants for Abigail since her daughter Allee is not too much older than Abigail. Crazy. Now that I think about it Laina and I had a lot of fun hanging out and chatting so my day could have been worse.

Today, Tuesday, was so much better.
Although my brain is not quite all there. I told Justin several times that I will bring extra wipes and an extra outfit for the doctors Appointment since we drive to Ogden and last time Abigail had her vomiting experience so I wanted to be prepared. Well, of course I forgot all of those things so by the time I picked up Justin for work Abigail had spilled her water all over her clothes and I had nothing to change her into.. Ha (it was my fault I forgot to put on the no leak plug into it. My bad) So i stripped her down turned up the vents and tried to get everything to dry before we got to the doctor. It made for a good laugh. Oh yeah, when I got to the doctor and went to do my urine sample I got the ready and everything but then just went to the bathroom and totally spaced I needed to give a sample.

We did have a blast watching our new little one in my belly. She is doing well. She now weighs 3lbs 12 oz and she her head is down. Her head is measuring almost two weeks ahead and her little belly is measuring two weeks behind. I hope she can hold that head up after she is born. She is cursed with the Combs head. Abigail has it too but it doesn't look that big to me so I am sure she will be fine. The best thing about the appointment was when we were looking at her face trying to get a shot when she totally frowned her brow at me. It was very deliberate. It was awesome. Abigail did that the week before she was born. I think they are mad at me because I am taking them away from Heavenly Father into this crazy world or maybe they just think I am funny looking. Both would be true. Here are two pictures of her. She had her hands in front of her face so we did our best trying to get a shot. I think she is gorgeous.
I did video of the dvd so you could see her frowning her brow at me. I did a longer one of the ultrasound for grandparents or those who want to watch it.



30 Week Ultrasound - This one is long - it's of her face including her frowning at me.

Here is her frowny face.

Abigail has been singing more and more lately. In church she sang and sang whenever there was a song or when others were on the stand singing to us she would sing with them. I love to hear her sing because she has the sweetest little voice. I tried to get a couple videos but my voice is more prominent than hers in these videos. She tried. I will try and get some more.


Just being Abigail. Silly Girl!

Look at those beautiful curls!!!!

I am not sure why she is crying but she looks so cute in that hat.

Abigail Singing the ABC's


Abigail singing "popcorn popping"

Favorite moment of the week so far: Abigail and I have been snuggling and singing "you are my sunshine" together before nap and bed time. It makes my heart melt even when I think about it because I know these times will fly by and be gone before we know it.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

WOW! That video is so funny, I can't believe you can totally see that frown! Loved it! Sorry Monday's just really are rough aren't they?! :)

Anonymous said...

That was awfully nice of your neighbor to entertain you for that long. I hate those pregnancy moments. I don't think I ever got my brain back.

MakingChanges said...

Just about the cutest thing ever! LOVED little Evelyn's scrunchie frown. WAY cute. Abigail sings great, too. You have precious kids! Sorry about Monday. Glad today was better.

Rachel and John said...

The little frowny face video...almost made me cry...I just get so excited to meet Evelyn...you can tell she is so beautiful. Love you Guys!

Shane & Laina said...

The video was so funny! Who knew she had it in her to frown already. I love it. Also, when Abi was singing the ABC's at the l m n o part, her little tongue does the cutest thing.
We loved having you over, lock yourself out anytime!!!

Kerrilyn said...

I think you locked yourself out on purpose so you didn't have to organize anymore!!! As for the video of the baby.....I must be moronic because I have no idea what I am looking at, but I am sure she is darling. When I am in charge I am going to make it so when you are pregnant that your belly skin turns translucent and you can just see straight through to the baby. Actually, that is a lie. When I am in charge i am just going to have the STORK bring them.

Jamie said...

Don't feel too bad about the pregnancy brain. I was so bad with Tyler that I once called Eric on the phone then before he answered I got distracted & set the phone down on the table & walked away. A few minutes later I realized what I had done so I ran to the phone & Eric was waiting patiently on the other end for me. The list of dumb things I did when I was pregnant goes on, and I wish I could say that your brain comes back after the baby is born. In my case it didn't & I think I'll be a forgetful basket case for the rest of my life!