We're back...
Look at that face..
This last week Justin went to his annual farm trip and Abigail and I went to my mom's house in Wyoming.
We left early Saturday morning with Justin and his two cousins Nathan and Ryan. I was a little worried about how Abigail would do but she did great!!! She only fussed for a minute then Nathan put on a movie and that was the end of the fussing. That was all great but I didn't do as well as her on the trip. I am not sure what it was but I was really car sick and fought it for the 6 hours till we got to my sisters house in Laramie. Then I went to go get my anti-nausea medicine but the pharmacy I went to go get it was completely useless and couldn't get the medicine so I just sucked it up for the 1 more hour we had to travel to get to my mom's house. Thank goodness everyone is so accommodating and very nice about it. My sister and her husband entertained Abigail while I took it easy for a while and then Aaron got me some Taco John's. I felt much better after I ate.
I love that we do picture magnets of our family so when we visit family she knows who they are or at least they are familiar faces. She didn't have any problem being around them. Matter of fact she ran up to my sister Sara right when we got there.
We had lots of fun with Grandma, Grandpa and of course Uncle Kort. She loved running all over in their back yard, picking tomatoes with Grandma, playing football with Grandpa and putting cookies on baking sheets with Grandma. Grandma got the cookies with the kitty on them so she was extremely excited. Uncle Kort and Abigail had their morning tradition of getting up before he went to school and they would watch a kids show and snuggle for a few minutes. She loved it and I know he did too. Here are some cute pictures of the trip.
Playing outside - Just happy to be outside...
Okay team get it together and get off your butts!
Alright I guess I will take a rest as well.
I am just so happy.
I love LOVE smelling flowers.
I got so many picture of these huge bees pollinating.
I am just so tired after being outside all day.
What? this is a perfect place to put my sucker. (could she be any more industrious?)
Hey, this face is for a good laugh. She is so stinking cute.




Justin and the crew worked really hard at the farm the whole time. The project this year was to finish the old barn. They resided the front of the barn last year so this year they resided the rest of it and made it more stable. Quite the undertaking. They seem to have such a good time doing it. The farm is Justin's most favorite place to visit and absolutely loves to see everyone there.
Coming home was a long night for the guys. They took off from Missouri on Saturday morning and reached Abigail and I around 8:30pm and decided to keep going. I was ready for whatever but it was a longer trip than anticipated because it was raining, we now were carrying a trailer and each guy was exhausted. They did pretty well knowing when they needed to switch drivers and we pulled in around 5am. I wish I could have said that I slept but being pregnant and sitting up was just too uncomfortable for any amount of sleep. Thank goodness we made it home and all was well. We slept for a couple of hours before Abigail was wide awake. So we watched Conference and had a nap in between. All in all a good day. Conference was incredible and was well worth the sleep deprivation. It is so awesome to feel the spirit and be renewed. When President Monson spoke I cried the entire time and I know it was not just because I was pregnant it was because he is a true profit and I know the things that he speaks of are true. They are words spoken to him from our Heavenly Father. When you know that you just can't help but be taken back in awe.
One thing I want to mention is that my great friend Laina lost her baby while we were out of town. I just really need her to know how much I love her and that what a wonderful woman, mother and friend she is. She has gone through the whole experience with such grace and I am so proud of how she is handling the whole thing. Thank you Laina for showing me that life does not end here and that your little one is still truly loved.
4 comments:
I love all the pictures! Abi totally cracks me up! It looks like you guys had fun! I cant even specify which picture I like the best...because they were all so great! Break me off a piece of that fancy feast...nailed it! I laughed so hard!!! Love you guys,Rach
adorable as always! She is getting so big!
Shanna, I LOVE the pictures. Abi is so funny, and adorable. I just have to say that I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends...I couldn't have made it through without so much love and support! You're the best!
Loved your pictures. Looks like you and Abigail had a great time, but I am sure glad you are back. I know not for long, but glad I got to see you!
Post a Comment