Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oh, the woes and wonders of parenthood.

Today was a day for the books. We got up early to get ready for my monthly check up. Abigail seemed to be in great spirits. We feed her breakfast, got her cleaned up and got her dressed. Like I said nothing unusual. Justin headed out first because we were going to meet him at work before heading to the appointment. The drive is long to my doctor because I feel like it is worth it in the long run. Well, we pulled into the parking lot and I got out to get our little one out of her car seat, she gave me a weird look, like she was going to spit, but oh no she started to throw up everywhere. I couldn't even stay to help because we were right on time and I needed to get in to do my glucose test. Justin had to clean the car, the car seat and find her some new clothes. I was impressed that he got it all done and in the end had a good attitude about it. Poor Abigail and poor daddy.

So that was one woe of the day but the wonder of the day was seeing our second little girl to be. She is such a funny little one and so stinking cute. My doctor knows Justin and I well and she thinks that the next one looks just like Justin. Too bad we didn't get a great picture this time but I think she is right about her looking like Justin. I guess he just has strong genes. At least she is looking healthy, a little petite, but healthy. I get more and more excited to meet her face to face.

So when we get home from our appointment Abigail is feeling a little better since she slept on the way home but still a little out of it. So I stopped of at Sonic and got her a cranberry slush (her favorite) and came home. We get into the house and she chucks her drink onto the couch which at that point breaks open on the couch and falls to the floor. So now we are trying to clean up dark cranberry juice up. I was a little upset but really what was getting mad really going to do. After that was cleaned I put Abigail in the shower and got her re-dressed. Then I tried to put her down for a nap which didn't happen but at least I got the car seat stripped down and in the washer as well as the rest of the clothes. It was just an average day I am sure for most mothers. We did get the chance to get out and hang out with Laina. Where Abigail of course fell and hurt her ear. When we got home again she was really ready for a nap. I put her down and didn't hear anything for awhile, then all of a sudden a loud yelping scream followed by a very sad cry. I ran in there thinking she might be sick again. Nope she had her sippy cup in there and smacked herself in the eye with it. She just didn't have a good day. I just tried to snuggle with her and give her as many loves as I could.

Today she is did so much better and seems to be back to normal. Glad to see her back to normal. I am sure that I will have many more days full of craziness and with that in mind I will enjoy the calm ones.

Side note: I told Justin I was going to put this comment on the blog.
I was just talking to Justin one night about how my clothes fit differently this pregnancy. I thought I had gained weight differently or just more this time but I didn't really believe it until this was said by my husband. "Well, you have gained birthing weight so what's wrong with that?" This all being said as he grabs my hips. R-U-D-E!

What?!!! Birthing weight? Oh my. My biggest worries confirmed and to the horror of something called birthing weight. Whatever. Guys just have NO idea what we go through. Luckily I am a nice wife and all I could do is laugh my butt (birthing weight) off!!!!!

3 comments:

Rachel and John said...

Tell J to kiss your grits! You are a hottie...and like the cutest pregnant lady ever!!! I am so excited to see you little babe face to face too! Love Rach

Anonymous said...

What a day!!! I hate having sick kids. I am glad all is going well with your pregnancy. Birthing weight, ya whatever. You are so cute.

Jamie said...

Oh girl, I wish I looked as good as you when I gained my "birthing weight". You look great so don't worry about what your hubby said!