Saturday, July 5, 2008

Long week but a Happy 4th!




This last week has been a little hard because Abigail got Croup again. I knew something was wrong since last Sunday when she just was restless all day and wouldn't take a nap or sleep at night. Then she woke up late that night coughing and then crying cause it hurt so bad and we couldn't console her. I felt so bad. So we thought she might just have a cold so we kept low key for a while bought then she just kept getting worse and not better. So Wednesday I took her to the doctor and he told me she has croup so he gave her a steroid shot so that she would be able to sleep better. I was shocked when she didn't even cry when they gave her the shot. She just looked at the nurse like she was crazy then went on with life. The nurse never had a baby that didn't cry she was shocked. I was happy because I always feel so sad when she gets her shots. Anyways, the days to follow were okay. She still felt terrible but she is on the uphill. While she was feeling sick I would put on the only movie she likes, which is Enchanted and she would just snuggle in her chair and watch. I loved it. We just bought her a little recliner because she would try to find any place to sit to make hers and we thought she would like it and she does. She also had to add all of her blankets. She loves her blankets.


Justin got up early to put in all the windows in our remodel. Luckily he had our friend Tony helping him. Tony know how to installs windows so they finished around 4pm. It looks great! here are a few pictures of the windows. I didn't really great pictures but i will get more later.








Then we went to our friends the Youngblood's for a BBQ. They made an amazing steak and a wonderful raspberry, peach salad that I still have in my brain. That was really fun and a nice break. They are awesome.



The guys being guys with fireworks and a long tube.... hmmmm.
Kyle and that face...




Then we went to see John and Rachel's twins. Lacy and Clair. They were born on July 1st. We haven't been able to see them because they are in the NICU and so tiny. We still couldn't hold them but we could see them behind the glass. They are so beautiful!! I can't wait to hold them and snuggle. Rachel seems to be doing really well and looked great. Here are few pictures that I was able to get.
Lacy and Mom - Clair and Dad


Lacy and Mom - Clair and Dad

John and Clair


Clair


Clair
Ma and Pa


Lacy and RachelLacy




Lacy

Lacy


Abigail - 1 day old. (thought that she looks like Lacy)



After we visited them we met up with the Youngblood's again and watched the Fireworks. That was really fun. By the time we got back to the house we were all exhausted and went right to bed. So all in all long day but a great one.

6 comments:

howeshomepage said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun on the 4th. Of course abi looks as cute as ever. Tell Rachael and John Congrats. The Babies are beautiful. It is hard to imagine abi was that small.

Jamie said...

It looks like you are making good progress on the house. Now hopefully you guys can pass inspection! I love Abi in her chair. She is such a little woman, so independent with a darling personality.

Melinda said...

WOw, the window's are in! How exciting!! Thats so great your sister-in-law had her babies, how fantastic, they're gorgeous! I do think they look like Abigail too! Glad you had such a nice 4th!

MakingChanges said...

I am so glad you guys hung out with us! You helped us have a fabulous 4th! By the way- LOVE Abigail's recliner.

Jenny Garlock said...

Sounds like you have been really busy! Your house is looking awesome, abigail is looking adorable as ever (sorry to hear of the sickness), and your new nieces are beautiful.

Kerrilyn said...

OKAY....I am pretty darn sure that I need a pink recliner like Abigail's. That thing is SWEET!! I love all things pink...Tell Abigail that I am jealous!!1