Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Texas Break

Okay this picture is awesome of Abigail and it makes me laugh every time I see it. We feel like she is getting ready for some Karate move. Judy took it and it really captures her spunky attitude.








Emily's Birthday Party

You go Justin!

Emily and Bethany at thier swim meet


Abigail and Mom trying to match















Emily's Baptism







Abigail and KaristaJustin and his sister Lareesa
Abigail and Isaac

Our family.


This last week we have been in Texas visiting Justin's sister Karista and her family for Emily's baptism. We had a lot of fun and delt with the heat and humidity well. I did the love the humidity for one thing, Abigail's curls were so beautiful there and that made me so happy. As for the whole trip it went well. The baptism was wonderful and although Emily asked everyone not to cry I did get teary when it came to her being baptised by her father. It just reminds me of my baptism day. It is a huge and amazing step and you can't replace that feeling with anything else.












Abigail really had a ton of fun playing with the kids, especially Lily. They seemed to be best buds. I felt bad for Karista because while we were there the AC went on the fritz and the fridge stopped working, the two things in Texas that are very vital. That is just the way it goes when you have a ton of people in town everything will start to break. But they did get the things working again and all was good.



We spent most of the time hanging out and talking with family. We did get to go swimming one day and then to the NASA space center another day and those two things were both really fun.




As for the almost 3 hour plane ride, Abigail decided not to sleep during any of it so Justin and I spent the entire time trying to entertain her. Not easy when all she wants to do is get down and run. Thank goodness she didn't cry or scream on the plane so we were able to keep other sane. However, she was ready to come home because on the drive back from the airport to our house last night she let those lungs work. I have never heard her cry that long. When we got home and I was changing her for bed I asked if she was happy to be home, she shook her head yes and smiled. She had a bottle and went right down for bed. I think everyone feels good to be home even though it is fun to get away.






Anywho, it was really fun to see everyone. Those girls hold a special place in our hearts and I know they hold a special place in Abigail's now. They are just full of life and love. Thanks to Karista and Adam for letting us stay at their house and thanks to Bethany for letting take over your room.


6 comments:

Rachel and John said...

I have been waiting anxiously for your blog updates....because I wanted so badly to be there with everyone. Thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures and videos. You are the best Shan! I didnt know when you guys were getting back, but I would love to chat and see how you are feeling. Just give me a hollaaa when you have some time. I hope all is well with you guys.
PS: that video of Abi laughing on the plane I watched it like 5 times in a row I laughed so hard she is halirious! Love Rach

Melinda said...

How fun! It sounds like a great trip, its always hard to take a toddler on a plane, so good job! Have to tell you, Maddie was looking at the pictures and said "mom? Is that agabelle?" hehe, I guess Abigail isn't so easy for her to say! :)

Shane & Laina said...

Cute pictures. I have no clue what to do with kids on a plane because I've never been brave enough to take them with me when I fly...good job. So happy to have you home safe.

Jamie said...

It looks like you guys had fun. I love your dress (the yellow one with green flowers on bottom)...did you get it at Downeast Outfitters? So cute! I loved the videos of Abi, too. It was cute to see her splashing in the tub & giggling on the plane.

SaraHowe said...

I am so glad you had so much fun! It looks like abi had fun with her cousins! love ya guys!

MakingChanges said...

Looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing the great photos and video clips. LOVE them all! (Glad you are home, too)