Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Keeping busy

The many faces of Abigail




This weekend was a very busy weekend because I put on a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Rachel. It turned out really well and was a lot of fun. Thank goodness a lot of people helped with games and food or it would have been much more crazy for me. Justin took the day off at the house so that he could help and watch Abigail. It was really nice to have him there. I was so busy with the shower that I didn't get pictures, so I will have to post those pictures later when I get them from my mother-in-law or Rachel. I did make a twin cutout and took pictures of everyone who came to the shower, so here is a picture of the parents-to-be and I also threw in Justin and I and Abigail and her little second Cousin, Paisley. I came up with the idea for the cutout and colored it but John the father-to-be drew it. He is a very talented artist.

Rachel and John -soon to be parents of twins
. (so more pictures of that to come.)

Sunday was fun when the relatives came over and hung out and played cards. I feel bad that I wasn't very entertaining because I have been VERY sick.
The sickness has gotten so bad that I can't even sleep at night. It is like having the flu 24-7. So today I called my doctor and talked about getting something to help. With some advice from my friend Laina, I got some Zophran. I did get the generic but so far it is working like a charm. I knew I was really sick but I didn't realize how sick until the relief came and I felt like myself again. Thank the good Lord for providing us with scientists who come up with solutions. It is for Cancer patients but it helping me too. I just thought that this little one in my belly just wants me to know he or she is there. I love that and trust me I won't forget.



Abigail was quite entertaining for everyone this weekend. She makes smile everyday. Here are some pictures of her in stages of telling you where her eyes, nose, mouth, ear and hair are. Instead of pointing she squints her eyes, sniffs her nose and pouts her lips. I think it is so creative. No one taught her that she just does it and it is so dang cute.

Where are you eyes?

Where is your nose?



Where are your lips? (the nose and lips look the same unless you see her do it.)


Where are your teeth?
Where are you ears?
Show me your hair?





Yesterday i went over to Laina's and watched a movie with her and her kids. They are so fun to be around. Her kids are so nice to Abigail and they take care of her and make her feel like she is part of the family. Here is the best picture Laina took of them all sitting on the couch eating popcorn. Unforgettable.


Then today to escape from boredom and to get my mind of my stomach we decided to go to the mall. It was nice to go with someone and have someone elses opinion. Laina's kids did very well and so did Laina. I know there were times she wanted to run. After shopping for a while we stopped and got a pretzel. That was like Heaven and now all I want is a salty pretzel with nacho cheese. Pregnancy can be crazy. Anywho, it has been a great couple of busy days.

5 comments:

Bret Bushman Family said...

Abigail really is adorable...and by the way I never have congratulated on your soon to be new baby

J said...

You did such a good job on the shower! I had to take Zofran too. It made me so tired, but that's better than puking right? I only took it with Mason, but I wish I would have spoke up about how sick I was with the girls too. I thought it was just part of being pregnant. :S

Jamie said...

How creative on the twins cutout! I love that idea & if I were a better artist I would steal it for the next shower I throw. I love those pictures of Abi...she is so creative & adorable. She must take after her mom!

Rachel and John said...

I love all of those precious Abigail faces....she is so kissable and sweet!

I loved my babyshower it was the best and so are you Shan! Thanks for all that you do, you made me feel so special that day...you are truly a Great Lady!
Love Rach

MakingChanges said...

Sounds like so much fun! Abigail is such a doll.