Thursday, May 15, 2008

Here's the deal

Abigail reading a pregnancy book intensely. She wants to make sure she is informed too. :)




I love this face she makes. It just makes me smile!
Those are some kissable lips.


Okay, I thought that I would let you know how we found out and the days that followed. Yes, I am pregnant but for the first couple of days we weren't sure if everything was ok and the days after were quite emotional for both myself and Justin.


I went to the doctor thinking I had the flu because I couldn't shake the tummy ache and then my throat started to swell and I got a canker sore but when I explained everything to them they thought I should just take a pregnancy test just in case. I laughed and said "go ahead but I just took one a couple of days ago and I can tell you what the result will be... a big old fat negative.". Needless to say I was wrong it was positive.


Because I had an ectopic pregnancy 5 years ago pregnancy and a pregnancy is always a risk until an ultrasound is preformed to make sure the egg is implanted in the correct area, they wanted to get an ultrasound right away. The ultrasound showed absolutely nothing. So of course the doctors assumed that I was having a miscarriage and that I should not get my hopes up and they told me to get a blood test. I got the blood test and had to wait two days to compare it to another blood test to see if my levels were going to drop of rise. When I went in to do the second test they told me what my counts were the from the first blood test and they were so low that they were shocked that a pregnancy test would even pick it up, but once the second blood test results came back my count had doubled. So they reassured me that I was pregnant and that we just need to wait and see how things go. For those couple of days I was so sad thinking that I might have a miscarriage and nothing ever came easy for me. But I did get a blessing and that helped me to try and be positive and know that everything that is going to happen is in the Lord's hands and he will help me through it.


Anyways, I have taken several pregnancy tests once i found out I was pregnant and they only got darker and I feel great so far other than morning sickness, which actually takes place at night for me.


So I am going ahead full steam and awaiting a new bundle of joy. We told our family on Mother's day which was special not only because it was Mother's day but because we told everyone we were pregnant with Abigail on Father's day. Pretty cool. Justin and I were so surprised to find out I was pregnant this way. We are both very excited. Justin actually thought I was joking when I told him because we always joke that I am pregnant whenever I am sick. When you try for so long on your first (five years total / 2 years of really trying) it was hard to believe. Again we are both totally excited and can't wait! Please keep us and the little one in your prayers.






Abigail has been such a sweetie lately. Today she just sat with me for about an hour and half and let me read to her. This never happens because she usually has a very short attention span. It just melted my heart and made my day. Everyday she gets smarter and bigger. I just got rid of most of her 6-12 months clothing. She is growing so fast. She is going to make such a great big sister. It is going to be weird to have two, i am sure that it feels that way at first.

Also, I am so glad to be back on my feet. It has been a little over a month since I had my surgery but my feet feel great. Monday I ran for the first time. I only ran 10 minutes and walked 10 minutes but it was a milestone for me, since i haven't been even on a real walk for 6 weeks. Then today I ran 20 minutes. Totally excited. Even though I am pregnant they reassured me to keep working out. To only run at a pace where I can talk at the same time. I want to be healthy and fit for the baby and myself. I also promised a friend I would help her accomplish her goal of a 5K. I think it should be no problem to run. But we will see. If i can't run it then I will cheer her on from the sidelines but I really hope I can run it.




6 comments:

Courtney said...

I just happened across your blog and wanted to congratulate you! You have had a rough couple of months and are so positive. Thanks for sharing! Your family will be in my prayers. Having two children wasn't to hard to handle, but three threw me a little. I now have four and it wasn't a big difference.

Shannon said...

The last post was from me. I didn't realize I was logged on under my daughter. Sorry!

Lea said...

Congratulations to the Combs family.
Another child will be heaven sent.
We love you all.
Aunt Lea

Rachel and John said...

These new pics of Abi are soooo cute...the face that she is making when she is reading the pregnancy book is a face I made all the time when I was little...of course her face is due to concentration...but when I used to make that face it was usually at people who were holding me on their lap...I was a real people person...not! love Rach

Jamie said...

I'm praying for you & your new baby all the time. I'm glad to hear that you were able to run for 20 minutes. Even though you had foot surgery you'll still probably outrun me on the 5k. Thanks for helping me set that goal! I'm looking forward to accomplishing it!

MiNG said...

Congrats! It's got to be so exciting to get pregnant on your own! I pray Mike and I have the same "luck" the second time around. I'm just excited to finally be pregnant! It was 5 years of trying for us too. Thanks for the sweet comments!