Sunday, January 16, 2011

Times get rough but we still try and smile.


Okay, this how my week felt. (this Evee after Abigail and her were fighting)
Lots of crying this week. Not just my girls but me as well. I know it is due to all the hormones in my body, so often (very often) I am not in control of my emotions. I just felt very alone, sad, overwhelmed, not in control of my children and did I mention sad. I can't even tell you why I felt those, I just did. My poor husband worked really long hours and would come home to screaming children and a crying wife or worse a mad one. Then I would feel worse. This doesn't happen to me that often so I felt really out of my body. I am really hoping that this week is a better one.. That being said, we did have good moments and I tried to do what Evee did in this next picture and smile through my tears.

Abigail is really coming to be a good big sisters. I caught her playing on her own trying to take care of her baby with "real" diapers and wipes. She said that she wanted to be ready for when her brother got here so she could help change his diapers.
I also can't say enough about how smart and what a thinker she is. The one comment she made that just got us rolling because it was so witty was her trying to understand the word invisible. I told her that invisible is when you can't see something and you pretend and visible is when you can see it. After a few minutes she said to me, "Mom, no invisible is when you can see something and "out"visible is when you can't." Man that girl can out smart me. After she said it we laughed so hard and could stop and she was really upset with us. She had a hard time understanding that we were laughing because we thought it was so dang smart and not laughing at her. I truly love that girl.

We got to have some time to spend with friends. Minus a friend who was sick we still proceeded to have Abigail's tea part because she was too excited to cancel it. She has wanted a "real" tea party for months. (we used propel instead of tea) Allee and Evelyn were her two guests and Abigail was a very gracious host. She had so much fun pouring and serving. Evelyn was over the moon to be included and thank goodness there was no fighting and turned out to be a very wonderful afternoon.
The Menu: Peanut butter and jelly heart sandwiches, grapes and blueberries, carrots and of course the drinks (propel)

I love this picture it shows Evee just so happy. She always shrugs her shoulder when she is happy and I just love it.

Here is Abigail playing robot but I made the mistake of calling her box head, so Evee kept saying to her "come over here box head". That was a good moment.

I knew that Abigail needed sleep all week but I couldn't get her to do it. This time she feel asleep watching a movie that she picked so I knew she was tired.
In this picture she doesn't look like a 3 year old. Time please slow down just a little.
Evee's new place to hang out. To be fair Abigail figured it out but it was just too big to fit and then Evelyn adopted it as her own.

At the end of my week my babes are the reason I keep smiling no matter how naughty they have been because they are the true light of Christ. Evelyn is my ham. She is always doing something and won't let me move on unless I look and sure enough it is good enough to stop and laugh.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I can't believe Evelyn is two!! Where did the last year go?! Happy belated birthday to her! I love that you guys took just her out. What a cute idea. I have the hardest time when I'm pregnant too feeling happy. It's rough, but you are an awesome mom!! :) Your girls and your little sweet pea on the way are so lucky to have you!!

Melinda said...

I'm sorry it was one of those weeks, it is SO HARD to be pregnant! I hope this week is so much better! Give me a call if you ever need to cry to someone! :) (P.s. I LOVE the hair, how are you feeling about it?)