Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I have learned something.

I have learned that Evelyn loves cookies and also loves making faces even more. She is teaching me that a little one year old can talk in complete sentences and can tell the best knock knock jokes. I didn't think that was possible but she even make sense when telling them. Also, Abigail and Evelyn's favorite song is Mr. Roboto by Stix. We have to play it or sing it at least once a day. Evee with yell out "Domo" randomly throughout the day. Hilarious.
I have learned that my girls couldn't get enough of my kisses and that makes me very happy.
I have learned that it is getting so much harder to get a picture of the two of them because they love to play and sitting takes too long even if there is a bribe of a treat at the end. I also learned that Abigail is getting so old that in the next picture I feel like I am getting a glimpse of her teenage years. Watch out parents and boys stay away.
I have learned that I really could love this picture anymore than I already do.


I learned that their smiles warms my heart.

I have learned that Abigail loves doing Evelyn's hair and not having hers done. Evelyn loves Abi doing it too. Also learned that Evelyn has the same sensitive skin and is allergic to the hair detangler we tried.


I learned that taking our girls bowling is so much fun but a lot of work. Still one of the best times we've had in a while.

I learned that Evelyn loves to draw and loves her paci. Oh wait I already knew that one.


Abigail has an amazing ability to just be happy doing whatever she is doing.
I learned that if I am sad I just need to see this.
I learned that my girls looks so cute and innocent in their car seats and that it will not last forever.


I learned that I LOVE being around my husband. Okay I already knew that too but sometimes we get so lost in our roles as being parents that we forget that we are friends first. We are getting back into our date nights and I really look forward to them. My husband is the funniest guy I know.

I learned that I love bowling shoes.
I learned that Abigail looks good in a mustache.
I learned that she is so content and a deep thinker. A couple of weeks ago she was mopey all day. All she wanted to do was be next to me and wasn't really talking much. When I asked her why she was so sad that day her was response was as follows: "I just really miss Tiffany." (Tiffany is our little friend who died this year) She then went on to ask all sorts of questions about where is she is now and how her family is feeling. It touched my heart that she can feel so deeply at such a young age. Just today she prayed about Tiffany and thanked Heavenly Father that she was her friend. I learned that I have a lot to learn from her.
Mostly, I learned that I love being a mom and the ride we take everyday with our children. I thank God that he gave me such a terrific family that I wasn't sure that I would have.

4 comments:

Angie in Wyo said...

I love this post!!! You are a very blessed mommy. Your girls are so sweet and cute!
The story about Abigail and Tiffany brought tears to my eyes. So precious.....

Melinda said...

Awww Shanna that made me cry! I especially love the part of Abigail and Tiffany, what a tender little spirit she has! Love you guys!

Jenifer said...

What a very cool post. LOVE all the pictures. your girls are so adorable

Christy said...

Very sweet Shanna. Your girls are so adorable. :)