Come on mom last week wasn't that bad. Look at this face I just couldn't have done what you said I did.
I wish I would have gotten a better angle of this picture. She was doing something representing a plane or something. When she was finsihed she just laughed and laughed. I love when your kids find themselves amusing.
Obviously the real excitement of the week was finding out we were going to have another little girl. Seriously having Abigail has been such wonderful ride and to have another girl will just add to the great adventure we are on and both Justin and I couldn't be more excited. Girls are so much fun and so sweet. As I am sitting here writing this Abigail is climbing on top of me saying "hi" "hi" and giving me huge kisses on my cheek. Really I couldn't be happier.
Here is a picture of Abigail on the left at 20 weeks and here is the current picture of new baby on the right at 21 weeks.

Although most of the time my daughter is such a mellow and sweet girl she does have her days. (Don't we all) When we went to her gymnastics she was fine when we first got there but then as we started to do things she refused most of them and then when she did find something she did want to do she wouldn't let anyone else do it and would scream at the top of her lungs when i pulled her away. She has never done that before and I didn't quite know what to do. I gave her several chances to settle down and act better but when she wasn't going to listen we left. Once we got to the car she was totally fine. Not sure what that was but I hope it doesn't return.
The rest of the week was okay. Abigail and I did do a little bit of shopping because I realized as I was cleaning out her closet and drawers that she doesn't have one long sleeve shirt or anything really for this winter. So I wanted to get things before they are all gone or way too much money. She got some really cute things and we got great deals. She did pick several things out for herself of course anything with a kitty on it she had to have. She had been such a good girl shopping all day so I let her indulge with the kitties. One of these last days it rained really hard and it was fun to see Abigail react to the thunder and lightning. We watched for a while out the front door and then when the thunder started to scare her I shut the door and we watched out the window. She was really into watching it rain. That was one of my favorite days not just because I love the rain but because it was fun for her and I just to sit there and watch in silence. She did start to copy my movements after a while and then that was the new game of the day. It was pretty amusing for both of us.
Saturday, Justin was working, poor guy, so Abigail and I decided to go out and just have some fun. We first went to Cabela's just to look around. They have all of those stuffed animals and live fish so I thought she might enjoy it and she did. Then right over by Cabela's is Thanksgiving Point so we went to the barn and checked out all their animals. We have done this before and she loved it and she loved it more this time. Of course we did another pony ride and she cried a little when she had to get off but that just tells me she likes it. This time she wasn't afraid of the big horses and even went right up to pet them. She just had so much fun running and looking at all the animals especially the ducks. I think everyone heard her scream the word "DUCK" when she saw them. It was hilarious. She could watch them all day. Later we came home and fixed dinner for Papa and then went to see a house he was working on. Abigail always loves to go with papa wherever he is going work related or not. Just to be around him for her is a joy.
Sunday was the day I was most worried about. First things first, she won't sit still for sacrament and one of us ends up in the hallway for the whole thing. Second, she screams her head off when we head to nursery. I have been praying intently about this in my personal prayers then I added them to family prayer as well. It must have worked because she was perfect through sacrament and didn't cry at all when I took her to nursery. Even the leaders told me she did terrific. Thank goodness. I was so relieved to have that happen. We had a few hours to relax before we headed to a baby blessing and then to one of my Young Women's award night. It was a great time at both.
So today Abigail and I just finished up cleaning the house and the car and are just having fun playing. This morning she was running around in her diaper because I let her and when I put her down to take her nap she went right to bed but a few minutes later I went to check on her and she was completely naked. She found something to keep her distracted before she went to bed. Luckily it was a dry diaper and I managed to get it back on without waking her up. She cracks me up. I did get a few picture of her buck naked in bed but thought otherwise about posting them. I think you can understand. Here are some other silly pictures of her. She just cracks me up.
The last thing I have is to say is that I am so happy to be a mommy soon of two little girls. All the joy they will bring into my life has me overwhelmed at times when I think about it. The good bad and the ugly that we will go through together as a family makes me excited. I know that may be weird to say but even though the bad is obviously bad when your are going through it, but if you are lucky it will make you closer as a family in the end.
Also, to my husband... he is a very big light in my life. We look forward to him coming home every night and the happiness he brings into our home. He is the best dad to Abigail and I know he will be the same with our new little one. He is not afraid to show emotion and be silly and really loves all of his girls.. Sometimes I feel bad that he is just surrounded by girls in his life but there is a reason for this and I can't think of a better person to handle us all. Love you.
3 comments:
Love, love, love all of the great pictures and the adorable videos...I am just so excited that you guys are going to have another little girl. All of our little girls are going to be pretty close in age and I hope that they are great friends...how fun it is going to be!! Love you guys...give Abi a big smooch for me! Love Rach
What a sweet post. I love the pictures, we just love that Abigail...she's adorable!
Malia was fixated on watching the videos of Abigail. Loved them! Glad you are still alive. We NEED to get together! Miss ya!
Post a Comment