Thursday, August 26, 2010

Update on the gals

Photobucket


(A few pictures I took of the girls one day)

We have been so busy lately that taking time to work on the blog is the last thing on my mind. Now that I am getting caught up I would like to take a minute and tell you what they girls are up to.

Abigail:

Photobucket



She has been so old lately. I just mean that she is saying things that blow my mind and asking every question you can think of, like "where does meat come from?", "what makes a rainbow?", "How is paint made?" and many more. Justin and I try and tell her everything about what she asks and then she just asks more questions about what we tell her. It is amazing. She is still doing her reading lessons and is doing really well for a 3 year old. Also, the best thing that she has done was the other night when I was trying to get her to go to bed. She was saying that she was scared, which sometime is a tactic to get me to stay in her room, so I told her what I do when I am scared and that is to pray to Heavenly Father to comfort me. So I left the room but she kept getting out of bed and i kept making her go back to her room. So finally I heard her talking so I turned up the monitor and found her praying while slightly crying. It was the most sincere prayer I have ever heard. She prayed that she would not feel scared and that her pop would make it home safely (he was out of town). I am sure there was more but I didn't get it all. Then after her prayer there was silence so i thought it worked. Yeah. Well, not even close she came out of her room crying, mostly fake, and said "Mom, it isn't working". I laughed so hard. That is Abigail.She is just full of knowledge, truth and joy. We love her so much but get sad that our first baby is not a baby anymore.

Evelyn:

Photobucket



I really can't believe that she is already 19 months old. She talks a lot mostly saying "NO" and loves to scream. Not unhappy screams but happy screams. She runs around the house with Abigail screaming the whole time. My ears are bleeding. She is very stubborn and tries to get away with a lot but mom and pop know her game. Her smile is very contagious especially with her chipped tooth. She gets most people at the store to stop and smile at her and she loves to wave. She sings like a little bird and has perfect pitch. Is that even possible at one? She would sing and dance all day if she could. She loves books and brings them to you whenever possible. She can count to two and waits for you to clap when she does it. Last week at church i was stopped by two different nursery leaders that said almost the exact same thing about Evelyn. They said that there is something special about her and that she is very smart and understands a lot in class. That was very nice to hear. She has great nursery leaders, one being Sara's friend that moved her from Wyoming. We adore Evelyn and tell her that our family just wouldn't been the same without her.

We are very happy/tired parents of two beautiful girls.




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



No comments: