I am sorry I have been absent from all of you. It has been a rough couple of weeks. I have been in so much pain with my back that I finally took steps to cure it but to no avail. I want to thank those of you who have called and have thought of me. Sorry I haven't answered, I just have been to sappy to talk to anyone.
Over a week ago I went into surgery to have a stent put into my kidney to my bladder which was recommended by my doctor and urologist. I was very nervous to do this because of being pregnant and I think there is always a risk when you get put out but I had to try something. I will just tell you that it did not work at all! Leaving the hospital was one of the hardest things I had to do because I was still in a lot of pain. By the next day late in the evening we had to have it taken out. Okay my husband actually did it because the urologist put strings on the end of it. Too much information I am sure. It took a good week and half to have no pain from the stent. The back pain is still there but according the doctor it could be from a variety of things, kidney stone, hydronaphrosis or my gallstones that they just found while I went to the ER one night because of problems urinating. All of this is related to this pregnancy. So now it is just a pain management thing until that baby gets here. It has been a pretty helpless couple of weeks. I know all of this will go away when i have our little boy but it seems like forever when you are in constant pain.

While all of this is going on there was a variety of other things going on. Justin's dad got really sick and ended up in the hospital while his dad (Justin's grandpa) passed away. Then last Thursday I thought I was having a good day so I went grocery shopping, when I came home I wanted to park in the back so I needed to move the trash can which was in front of the driveway. I get out to move it but little did I know that my hubby put about 300 lbs of concrete in it until it was too late and it took me out. I just pushed it forward a little but that much weight I couldn't control and literally fell on my face. I bruised my wrists, feet and took a good chunk of skin off my chin. It hurt so bad and just bawled like a baby. I got in the car and parked it. Got in the house and called my friend Laina right away. She is an angel. She came over right away helped me put he trash can back up and took my girls so I could rest. I am sure she thought I was going to have a mental breakdown. Needless to say it has been a very hard time for everyone.
Right now I just want to count my blessings. Our little baby boy is healthy and strong, regardless of how I feel. His is so beautiful and kicks and punches me all the time. Good kicks and punches. He is just full of energy. Now if we could just pick a name for him. Boys names are so hard. I did have a dream about my little boy and it was the best dream I have had in a long time and he did have a name in the dream. In the dream my girls were running around with him and he came and jumped up on my bed and cuddled right up in my arms. He was full of blonde curly hair. I woke up happier than I have in a long while. God is amazing when he gives you little pieces of joy so that you know you can get to end of your trial because of what is waiting for you at the end of it. Pregnancy is hard and different for every woman but no matter the outcome the experience is amazing. It proves to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is real and good.
Here is a picture of my little one. Still no great straight on face shot because she sleeps facing my back and he loves to sleep with this hands infront of his face.
Here are my sweet girls.
2 comments:
Oh Shanna, this breaks my heart! I am so sorry its been so rough the last couple weeks, you're in my prayers and I hope this pain eases up for you this last little bit!! :(
*hugs* I'm sorry! I wish I was closer to help you! I feel so bad that you are struggling. :( I know in the moment it feels like forever. I pray for you my friend.
Post a Comment