Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Here we are on Mother's day today. I finally got a pretty good picture of me and my two girls.

I want to take a minute and thank all my beautiful mothers. I thought about it a lot today and I would not be as happy as I am now without them.Each one has played a significant role in making me who i am and who my husband is. Now that I am a mother I know what kind of sacrifices you make for your children and how much work it is to what is right for them. So thank you to my mom, my step-mom and my mother-in-law. I love you.
Also, thank you to my beautiful sweet girls for making the decision to come to earth and giving me the chance to be your mother. The best job I could ever have.
Yard clean up. Saturday we cleaned up the yard some more. I took just a few pictures toward the end. Here is one of Evee telling me that it is time to go in. She was a trooper. Here is Abigail showing me a worm. I have been trying to teach her about bugs. I don't want her to be afraid of things that I might not like or am afraid of. So when I saw one in the dirt I had her come over and check it out. At first she was apprehensive but then she picked it and several more. She loved them. The only time she cried is when I looked over later and she almost bit the worm in half so I screamed, NO! I think that it scared her that I yelled. It was a terrible reaction to yell but a worm in her mouth, sick! So Justin was gone this last week so us gals tried to keep busy as much as possible. Nights seem so long when he is gone because both girls go to bed so early and I am left alone to my thoughts. Scary... At least I worked on projects and got things done I have been meaning to do for a while. We tried to potty train on Thursday to no avail but at least it's in the works. Abigail does love underwear and was devastated that she had to put a diaper back on but doesn't understand peeing in the potty so underwear will stay off until that is understood. Friday I took her to the Dinosaur museum because this month we have been learning about dinosaurs. She loves movies about them and books but when we actually went to the museum to see them in there actual size she did not like. She was pretty scared of the skeletons and I don't blame her they are pretty scary and big. She is only two after all. This month we will learn about plants and flowers so I will taking her to the gardens at Thanksgiving point. I think this will go over a lot better.

This picture isn't funny but it is the only dinosaur she would stand next to because she referred to it as a dinosaur puppy. The best part of this picture is remembering when she would yell at every kid that went by and say "hey kid this is a puppy". But she said it as if she was a 40 year old new yorker.



This is the picture before she noticed the dino behind her. This is her after she noticed it was behind her.


The one thing she LOVED at the museum was a hallway that was dark and full of stars. We walked through it several times. She loves stars.
Here is Evelyn being great and slept the whole trip.



4 comments:

Shane & Laina said...

Funny how different kids are...Mine were fine with the dinos but totally scared of the dark tunnel.
Great pics!!!

Melinda said...

We went to the Dinosaur Museum not that long ago, and it IS pretty creepy! They play creepy music and its dark and all that, so I get it Abigail, I totally do! You're such a fun mom Shanna!

MakingChanges said...

So glad you had a great Mother's Day. Love the picture of you with the little ladies. You seriously are a fabulous mom!

As always love the pictures of the girls. They are just too precious!

Christy said...

You girls are so cute Shanna!! I love the worm picts! I never would've touched a worm at her age! :) She so funny. Oh I love the picture of you and your girls. So adorable!!